Workshop for theatre communication professionals 04.06.2012
Social media and new technologies as part of communication strategies in European theatres - perspectives of new audience development
The workshop is a training session for PR professionals in theatres and brings together experts from cross-sectorial backgrounds to offer a platform of reflection and exchanges on current issues and evolving new applications in communication strategies across theatres in Europe.
Date: Monday, June 4, 2012 from 10 AM – 4.30 PM
Venue: Berlin at the ETC Office / c/o Deutsches Theater - Conference room 4th floor, artist’s entry
Contact details: Heidi Wiley, ETC General Secretary
Mobile: 0049 176 32 75 20 31
10 – 12h
1/ Interactive and social media platforms for theatre in Europe
- How is the role of critics still influencing theatre makers?
- How is new media changing perspectives of successful theatre communication?
- How are classical communication tools evolving?
2/ Discussion and exchange with keynote speakers
3/ Perspectives of audience development and social media in European theatre
- Presentation of best practice examples by ETC member theatres
13 – 14h
Lunch at the Deutsches Theater
14 – 16h15
4/ Workshop: ETC 2012 campaign - European Theatre Matters!
Promotion of European theatre through and via ETC member theatres
- Internal and external channels to increase ETC visibility
- Production and dissemination of ETC film trailer to promote European theatre 2012/2013
- Dissemination of European theatre activities
- Development of work targeted to new audiences
- Development of ‘European audience
16h15 – 16h30